Thursday, April 30, 2009
Hobbits Abroad
http://hobbitsabroad.blogspot.com/ so I finally caught up on reading the adventures of D and T in Glasgow. I skipped most of the pictures :( but I will try to get back to those later. A lot to take in. I am pretty sure that Mrs. Augmento and Augmento, Jr. and I will make it through a year there although we may have to invest heavily in some space heaters and sun lamps once we get there. Most of the stuff we see online here won't work or will require a transformer over there. Transformers (as I know from my time in Asia) suck electricity all the time. So, the only thing I am sure will work are the computers and we may need to buy some wall socket circuit breakers for everything because it sounds like they have 'dirty power'. Hot water... I wonder if it is impertinent to ask letting agents about the hot water heaters, when were they installed, maintenance histories, etc...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All of the sockets here have switches on them. ALL of the sockets. Your fridge? It'll have a switch, on the wall, somewhere that you'll encounter it by accident (like, when you push a canister back against the wall).
ReplyDeleteSun lamps, certainly.
The pictures ... well, there are, what, 13,000 of them or so? I have a hard time cataloging them, let alone reviewing all of them!
sounds like you may have had some accidental thawing? so, um, maybe, i can pick up a switch cover somewhere? do they have home depot/lowe's department style hardware stores?
ReplyDelete