This is a good thing! It complicates things a bit but we are still looking forward to Glasgow. I have been rummaging through this website www.citylets.co.uk for places to rent. I am a bit disappointed by the lack of photos and the lack of details about each property.
1st choice is http://www.citylets.co.uk/aspx/details.aspx?pid=79704&aid=129&footer
has carpeting
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteFree medical care here, you know. :)
Some comments about the place. First, it's near Maryhill road, which is a pretty impoverished area. Second, it's on the ground floor, which means you'll get more traffic noise and less light. Third, it's only council tax band C. The higher the band, the more services you get in the area (we're in band E, which means that we actually get street-sweepers coming by multiple times during the week). You don't have to pay it, as student-and-dependents, so you want to find the highest band you can, with the cheapest rent in that band. Fourth, you don't want anything which says it's suitable for students. Ever.
Of course, I may be wrong, and you're down for loud city noise all night long, drunken parties, brawls, people throwing beer bottles in your yard, that sort of thing. I could be.
with Mrs. Aug pregnant, we want something with lift access or ground floor.
ReplyDelete