Saturday, May 2, 2009

sticker shock school for son

surfing for preschools and trying to figure out a budget. i can not believe how much they want to charge. Sending my son to a "nursery" in Glasgow for 10 months is going to cost more than my first 2 years of university did. What will I get for that money? Do I figure this into my ROI calculation for the MBA? What do I if this tips things in favor of different school?

2 comments:

  1. Can't help you there. Interesting, though. You know that most people don't go with a preschool - they just foist the wean off onto grandma....

    ReplyDelete
  2. my wife has been taking care of him at home and the occasional "mom and me" type classes. it turns out that strathclyde has a nursery on campus for staff and students. We are probably going to just send him for 2 or 3 half days somewhere and maybe piano lessons. With the price of child care in Glasgow, it makes a lot of sense to hand them off to grandma if grandma is willing and capable.

    ReplyDelete